Art Imitates Life

The newest art projects, of mine, were inspired by past & present events. I created this artwork, called "Alien vs Prickly Pear Cactus". In the artwork, the alien is looking at at a prickly pear cactus, because the alien fell into it. There aren't any needles (spines) on the cactus, in the image, because the needles are now in the alien.
                                          Then, I featured it in this, very short, video:   
President Donald Trump, and his talk about the wall, has triggered memories of an actual event, in my life. I'm not complaining, because I choose to watch the news, and listen to the radio. Anyway- I made this short video, because those memories, are memories of me falling off a wall in my own backyard, and landing in the neighbors huge prickly pear cactus bed. Vivid reenactment scenes of that day, have been playing in my head. Those needles were really long, and I let out a, blood curdling, scream. The world spun around, and the sky lit up, like a night sky on the Fourth of July. By the time my family got me into the house, the wide open front door was riddled with looky-loo neighbors. I yelled out, "Shut the door!", and eventually made it to a doctor. Longest ride of my life. Half of me in the front, and the other half of me in the back. I had to slump forward, over the front seat of the family car, because my backside was covered in prickly pear cactus needles. I'd like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my Mom,πŸ“£thank you Mom, for keeping calm throughout that whole ordeal.πŸ’– You're the best!πŸ† My Mom was the driver that day, because I was, only, 5 years old.πŸš—πŸ˜±