I Miss My Mother, Especially Around The Holidays ✝️πŸ’πŸͺ¦πŸ’

A grief counselor once told me- that when I miss someone I've lost, then I should write them a letter, or talk to them out loud. Honestly, it does help.



Dear Mom, I miss the sound of your beautiful voice. I miss you. You are forever in my heart & thoughts. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you. You were my rock, my confidante, my best friend, and most importantly- my Mother. You taught me how to survive, and instilled within me an unshakable gentle strength. You loved me first, I love you now, loved you then & way back when, and I know that I'll love you forever. You called me your “darling daughter” & nicknamed me Door-T & then Dort. Dort meant “Dort the Sport”, which made reference to my being a good sport (having to grow up with 5 brothers, and no sisters). I will, someday, meet up with you in heaven Mom & and thank you for being my Mom.πŸ’—✝️πŸ’πŸͺ¦πŸ’Sincerely, your darling daughter, Dort (Dorothy).
 P.S. Here are 23 of your favorites.